Graduate Registered Student Organizations (GRSOs) are a great way to get connected to fellow graduate students at Mason.
Held within the office of Student Involvement (SI), whose mission is to “help students GetConnected to Mason Nation through campus-wide events, students organizations, trainings, student advocacy and personal interactions to bring ideas to fruition, create a sense of belonging and prepare students for success in their future,” GRSOs are Mason's graduate student only organizations. All of Mason’s RSOs are housed within the SI and are supported by an amazing team of pro and student professionals. To find a list of all RSOs at GMU, check out Mason360. You can search based on keyword, interest, identity, etc.
Currently, there are 28 registered graduate RSOs. We have compiled the list for you below, with contact information (note that this information is updated every Sept. 15 and Feb. 15). If you don’t find a group, don’t worry, you can start one. Feel free to reach out to Austin A. Deray, Interim Assistant Director within the office of Graduate Student Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will help you compile on the necessary materials and help you with finding an adviser.
- Art History Graduate Association
- Association of Public Policy PhD Students
- Communication Graduate Student Association
- Environmental Science and Policy Graduate Student Association
- Graduate Nursing Organization
- Graduate Student Sociological Association
- Graduate Students for Public Health
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology Student Association
- Bangladeshi Graduate Students Association
- Indian Graduate Student Association
- Multilingual Multicultural Education Student Interest Group
- Student Bible Study
- Applied Developmental Psychology Student Group
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- Black Graduate Student Association
- History Graduate Student Organization
- George Squared Advanced Biomedical Science Program
- Mason Rising Healthcare Leaders
- Graduate Association for Bioengineering Students
- Rho Phi Lambda - Alpha Tau Chapter
- Journal of Mason Graduate Research
- PhD in Education Student Organization
- Writing and Rhetoric Graduate Student Organization
- Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Earth Sciences Graduate Student Association
- The Iranian Student Union
- Cultural Studies Student Organizing Committee
To connect with these RSOs, please check them out on Mason360.