Graduate Registered Student Organizations (GRSOs) are a great way to get connected to fellow graduate students at Mason.
Held within the office of Student Involvement (SI), whose mission is to “help students GetConnected to Mason Nation through campus-wide events, students organizations, trainings, student advocacy and personal interactions to bring ideas to fruition, create a sense of belonging and prepare students for success in their future,” GRSOs are Mason's graduate student only organizations. All of Mason’s RSOs are housed within the SI and are supported by an amazing team of pro and student professionals. To find a list of all RSOs at GMU, check out Mason360. You can search based on keyword, interest, identity, etc.
Currently, there are 30 active registered graduate RSOs. We have compiled the list for you below, with contact information (note that this information is updated every Sept. 15 and Feb. 15). If you don’t find a group, don’t worry, you can start one. Feel free to reach out to Austin A. Deray, Interim Assistant Director within the office of Graduate Student Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will help you compile on the necessary materials and help you with finding an adviser.
- Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Earth Sciences Graduate Student Association
- Bangladeshi Graduate Students Association
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Graduate Student Association
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Communication Graduate Student Association
- Computer Science (CS) Graduate Student Association
- Cultural Studies Student Organizing Committee
- Doctoral Public Health Graduate Student Association
- Environmental Science and Policy Graduate Student Association
- Graduate Association for Bioengineering Students
- Graduate Chemistry Club
- Graduate Nursing Organization
- Graduate Students for Public Health
- History Graduate Student Organization
- Indian Graduate Student Association
- Masters of Social Work Student Association at George Mason University
- National Organization of the Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers
- PhD in Education Student Organization
- Racially and Ethnically Minoritized Psychology Graduate Student Association
- Schar PhD Student Association (SPSA)
To connect with these RSOs, please check them out on Mason360.